Legal and Privacy
H & C Law & Property Group understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
Means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts
Means this website, www.hclawyers.co.uk
Means H & C Law and Property Group, a limited company registered in England and Wales under 06481504, whose registered address is 19 Plymouth Road, Tavistock, Devon PL19 8AU.
- Information About Us
- Our Site, www.hclawyers.co.uk is owned and operated by H & C Law and Property Group, a limited company registered in England and Wales under 06481504, whose registered address is 19 Plymouth Road, Tavistock, Devon, PL19 8AU and whose main trading address is the same. Our VAT number is 137 2254 27.
- H & C Lawyers is a trading name of H & C Law and Property group and therefore covered by this policy.
- Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
- What Data Do We Collect?
- Business/company name;
- Contact information, such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- IP Address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected).
- How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation. For more details on security, please see section 6.
- We use your data to provide the best possible services to you. This includes:
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our Site;
- Supplying our services to you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Analysing your use of our Site to enable us to continually improve our Site and your user experience.
- We will not send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
- Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our Site and submitting information to us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the General Data Protection Regulation. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between us and any third parties we engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
- Data security is of great importance to us, and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Site.
- Steps we take to secure and protect your data include:
- Electronic data encryption at rest
- Access Controls and Security
- Notwithstanding the security measure that we take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to us data via the internet.
- Do We Share Your Data?
- In certain circumstances we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal information, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of us.
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
- How Can You Control Your Data?
- You may wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Services (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Services (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Services (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Please contact us for more details at email@example.com.
- What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
Cookies are small text files that are sent by us to your computer or other access devices which we can access when you visit our site in future. This enables us to make your user experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission. If you continue to use this site, we will assume that you are happy with this and have granted your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages, for instance, Google Analytics.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
General information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org
This is a list of the cookies set by our website, and what each is used for.
Session hash – Used to authenticate users on the website
Google Analytics – Used to understand how users navigate through our website, the service is provided by Google Inc. We then use the information gathered to compile reports to improve the functionality and user experience of our website. All information collected is anonymous.
- Contacting Us